Do's and Don'ts for cleaning your dryer
• Clean the lint filter before or after each load. Don't forget to clean
the back of the dryer where lint can be trapped.
• The interior of the dryer and venting system should be cleaned
periodically by qualified service personnel. If you notice the drying time
is longer, clean the vent system thoroughly to ensure proper airflow.
• Replace plastic, vinyl and aluminum foil venting with rigid or flexible
• Do not dry clothing/fabric on which there is anything flammable
(alcohol, cooking oils, gasoline, spot removers, dry-cleaning solvents,
etc.). Flammable substances give off vapors that could ignite or explode.
• Don't forget to read manufacturers' warnings in use and care manuals
that accompany new dryers. Also, warning markings can usually be found on
the inside of the dryer's lid and take only minutes to read.